Thursday, April 23, 2009

The other "Me"

Oh! A bad dream again. The sleep was never meant to be a nice one and it couldn’t have gone worse for me. Its 23rd of April – Year 2009. I had to get cleaned up before the regular exercises. But wait a minute… today is Election Day in Bangalore ….and it’s a holiday!!!.

23rd of April – Year 2009 – Somewhere in Bangalore. My bike suddenly skids but I manage to get hold of it and place my feet firmly on the ground. It had been a terrible night for me and I was just returning back from St. John’s Hospital to my house that morning. It had been raining all night. I had to get cleaned up before the regular exercises. But wait a minute… today is Election Day in Bangalore ….and it’s a holiday!!!.

Why do I get a feeling every time that I am not alone? The vast sea of humanity around me didn’t necessarily compel me to think so. Life is a puzzle and more puzzling is this “reality” which hosts my life. I know I hardly have any option other than to accept it. But is it only me? Is it a symptom of being insane?

You know what ….i know…I know that this is just not complete. What I see and what I have understood till now is just one piece of the jigsaw. This crappy feeling of not being the only “Me” has preoccupied most of my thoughts recently.
It all started with a deja-vu when in an intense discussion with a group of friends one of them said “okay lets stop this”. I knew that it was not the only thing he said because I also heard him saying “ok I have to leave now”. He didn’t say these two things together. It was this other “Me” who at the same place and at the same time heard my friend saying “ok I have to leave now” and while I heard him saying “ok lets stop this now”.

Life is too short to understand all this. I have not lost hope. Someday someone will read this one and will be able to connect with me and my experience. And as far as my short term expectations go, I hope for a non coalition government this time in india.

No comments:

Post a Comment